I'm still experimenting with my work patterns and habits to see how I can do my best, most prolific painting. To that end, I've decided to start giving myself various art-oriented goals each month to get me to try new things.
For February I just wanted to get going again - the long, drawn-out move got me very out of practice with my daily art habit. To that end, I gave myself a simple task: start at least two canvases a week. They can be any size, any subject, any medium.
Since I already had a couple canvases in progress from January, that means I'll finish February with at least 10 in-progress canvases (at the rate I'm going, I probably won't end up finishing many of them this month, but that's fine). I like this challenge because it's making me get past that fear of the blank canvas and just get painting. And on days when I just don't feel like dealing with a blank page, I have plenty of in-progress works to choose to work on.
I think March's plan will be to require a certain number of painting hours per week, plus some other aspect which is yet to be decided.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment