Monday, November 10, 2008

AEDM day 10: Theatinerkirche



I've been working on this painting of the Theatinerkirche in Munich for a couple weeks now. I can't decide if it's done, or if I want to completely re-do the sky and a couple other parts. I guess I'll wait for a couple days and see what I think then.

8 comments:

Leah said...

ah, it's totally gorgeous, jul! love the colors in the building.

Dale said...

It is gorgeous work! I really love the depth you show in the building with colour. Fascinating work :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully painted!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! So gem like... and the sky looks ideal. There's a real feeling of depth as well as a freedom of space lurking behind the buildings. Gorgeous work :0)

Rowena said...

so expressive and vibrant. Do you have a reference photo or is this en plein air? or memory? lovely.

Anonymous said...

Great perspective and brilliant colours, sky looks amazing to me!!

Jul said...

Thank you all so much for your kind commentary! As someone who works alone in a home studio, I really miss having feedback on my works in progress. It means so much to me to hear your encouragement. :)

Jul said...

Rowena - I am working from photos and memory. This church has such a stunning, colorful presence on sunny days, and I'm trying to capture that impression here.

I've never worked en plein air in Munich, but I bet it would be fun! Perhaps I should think about it...